Cerebral Palsy Information

Cerebral Palsy Treatments

Cerebral Palsy Types

Cerebral Palsy in Children

There are between 500,000 and 700,000 Americans affected by cerebral palsy, with roughly 3,000 new cases diagnosed each year. Children with cerebral palsy will be affected by the condition in varying levels, depending on the severity of the case. There is still a lot of missing information regarding cerebral palsy and a way to cure children with cerebral palsy, but as more studies are performed hopefully the number of children with cerebral palsy can be reduced.

Many children afflicted with cerebral palsy also suffer from dysphagia.

You and your child are not alone. Physical treatment should be augmented with support from those who have experienced CP before. Visit our cerebral palsy chat room resource page and let the strength of others in your situation become your own.

Indicators of Cerebral Palsy

There are certain indicators that make the risk of diagnosing children with cerebral palsy greater. When parents believe the diagnoses of children with cerebral palsy was the result of medical mistakes, they are encouraged to contact an attorney. Many children with cerebral palsy may have the condition because of unknown reasons, but some children with cerebral palsy may be suffering because of errors made during delivery.

Oxygen Cut Off to the Brain

It is believed that oxygen cut off to the baby's brain at crucial points can be a cause with children who have cerebral palsy. The way the condition affects children with cerebral palsy is described as being unique from patient to patient. Milder symptoms within children with cerebral palsy may appear in minimal awkwardness of hand control movement. More severe symptoms in children with cerebral palsy may result in basically no muscle control, greatly affecting their lives.

For more information about children with cerebral palsy, contact us to confer with a cerebral palsy lawyer.

  • 1Contact info
  • 2Birth conditions
  • 3Hospitalization
Please fill out each question: